My Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer was such a hit, I knew I had to keep the ball rolling. And I am never above the “basic” seasonal delights. Peppermint Mochas are the shit and while I definitely don’t want all the extra sugar and potentially weird ingredients from other creamers and syrups, I’m most definitely chasing that flavor combo.
The coffee creamers in stores are pretty sad - even the supposed “healthy” brands. They almost always have some form of undesirable sugar or thickener or preservative or SOMETHING. This is so easy to make yourself, it’s a no-brainer. And it is SO good. I’ve been known to take straight sips from the jar. No judgement, okay?
Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
Make approximately 2 cups
1 can full fat coconut milk
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp MCT oil (or other neutral tasting oil, no vegetable oil please)
4 dates, pitted and soaked in warm water
1/2 tsp peppermint extract or 1 drop of peppermint essential oil
dash of salt
1. Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high for 30 seconds.
2. Taste a little bit. If you like it super minty, add another 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract or drop of oil.
3. Add to all your favorite hot bevvies!
* There is A LOT of controversy about ingesting essential oils so do your research and do what feels best for you. If you do decide to ingest them, make sure you trust the quality.
* Don’t skip the oil - it helps emulsify the coconut milk so that it doesn’t separate and get hard in the fridge.
* Coconut consistencies vary wildly between brands and even within brands! Using full fat coconut milk yields a very thick creamer, but a light coconut milk will give you a more pourable consistency. You can use other non-dairy milks, but it might not be as creamy as the coconut.
* My favorite MCT oil