The coffee creamers in stores are pretty sad - even the supposed “healthy” brands. They almost always have some form of undesirable sugar or thickener or preservative or SOMETHING. This is so easy to make yourself, it’s a no-brainer. And it is SO good. I’ve been known to take straight sips from the jar. No judgement, okay?
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
Make approximately 2 cups
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp MCT oil (or other neutral tasting oil, no vegetable oil please)
3-5 dates, pitted and soaked in warm water
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp vanilla extract
dash of salt
1. Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high for 30 seconds.
2. Taste a little bit. Add 1 or 2 more dates if you prefer a sweeter creamer
3. Add to all your favorite hot bevvies!
* Don’t skip the oil - it helps emulsify the coconut milk so that it doesn’t separate and get hard in the fridge.
* Different brands of coconut milk will have different consistencies. I’ve found Whole Foods 365 brand to have the perfect consistency. Trader Joe’s was too thick. You can use whatever milk you’d like, but it might not be as creamy as the coconut.
* My favorite MCT oil